Backyard Chickens 101 - March 14 (2-4pm)
Thinking of getting chickens but aren't sure where to start? Craving farm-fresh eggs straight from your backyard? This is the class for you!
Long before we ever started our farm, we kept five chickens in our tiny backyard in Brooklyn. Today on Moonshot Farm, we have over 150 birds laying rainbow eggs that sell out every week. We can't wait to share the tricks we've learned along the way on keeping a productive, healthy flock of birds, no matter the scale.
Some of the topics we'll cover in this 2-hour course include:
- Basic equipment, supplies, and coop requirements
- Caring for baby chicks
- Our favorite chicken breeds
- Feed, treats, and supplements
- Daily chicken chores and maintenance
- How to get the best-tasting fresh eggs
- Predators and common problems
The Nitty Gritty
Please read the following before purchase
- We will adhere to COVID recommendations at the time of the class by the state of NJ and the CDC, including masks and social distancing. If you cannot agree to this, please do not register.
- Class will be held outdoors, rain or shine. In the event of extreme weather, we will reschedule.
- Refunds are available up to 45 days before your class.
- If you are unable to attend, you can transfer your ticket to a friend. Please send us an email to let us know.
- This class is geared toward adults but kids 10+ are welcome to attend with a parent/guardian. All guests must purchase a ticket.
- Due to biosecurity standards, this class does not include a coop tour or interactions with chickens.